Collecting personal information
We collect the information you choose to submit during your interaction with us. This may include:
- Telephone numbers
- Email addresses
- Credit card information
- Any other information you provide when completing contracts, contact forms, or when you contact us via our website or by other means.
We collect information about you when you place an order for products or services.
We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys or provide feedback to us.
Our web server logs may collect additional information, such as the domain names of visitors to our websites, in order to measure the use of our websites and to improve content.
For your convenience and to improve your user experience, we use common Internet technologies such as cookies on our websites.
We may obtain additional information about you, such as equipment sale transaction data from public record data compilation services.
We do not intentionally collect information about minors.
How will we use the information about you?
We use your personal information in order to:
- Process orders you have made
- Carry out or exercise our rights and obligations arising from any orders you have placed
- Provide you a requested product or service or information about our products and services
- Provide after-sale support
Additionally, we may:
- Use ownership information to send you necessary information, such as warranty information, product improvement programs, safety bulletins, and recall notices
- Contact you about promotions or other products and services we think may be of interest to your business. You have a right to opt out of these promotions at any time (see also Marketing and Advertising below).
Morbark, LLC, will not share your information for marketing purposes with any other company not working on behalf of Morbark. In processing your order, we may need to send your details to delivery companies, suppliers, and other third parties. A list of these persons and/or companies can be provided upon request.
We may release your personal information when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to enforce or apply our Limited Warranty or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others and ourselves.
Keeping your personal information secure
Morbark, LLC, has appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Access to your information and correction
You have a right to request a copy of the data we hold that is related to you and to request corrections be made to it.
How long your personal information will be kept?
We will only retain your personal information as long as necessary to adequately serve you or as long as we are required by law to do so. You have the right to request us to delete your data at any time.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We need some data to process your orders and provide you with services. We are also required to process your data to fulfill our contractual obligations and meet legal obligations.
Transfers to third countries and international organizations
We transfer personal data to third countries or international organizations using safeguards to enable these organizations to provide consumer services in connection with a service or product you have purchased from us. A list of the third countries and international organizations is available on request. Your information will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice and only as far as necessary for providing products and services. We may also share information with third-party data processors acting on our behalf to provide you with services in connection with your account with us.
Marketing and Advertising
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at any time. If you have not consented, but have not opted out of marketing, we may still contact you to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you. We have a legitimate commercial interest in processing your data to provide you with customized marketing and advertising messages to inform you of products and services that are directly relevant to your needs. You have a right at any time to tell us to stop contacting you for marketing purposes. To exercise this right, please contact us at email@example.com
The first time you visit our website, you will be asked if you wish to accept the cookie file. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. This information is used to track visitor use of our website and compile statistical reports on website activity in aggregate. This information also may be used to offer you targeted ads tailored to your interests on digital platforms that read the cookie data (e.g., Google, Facebook). If you do not accept the cookie file, it will not be placed on your computer. As such, your computer will not be recognized as a returning computer, and you will see the message asking if you wish to accept the cookie file when you next return to the site.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, European Union residents have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
- Access to your personal information and certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party
- Object at any time to processing personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office on individual rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. The above is not an exhaustive list of your rights but some of the key rights that may be of interest to you. If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- Know what personal information is being collected
- Know if personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom
- Say no to the sale of personal information
- Access their personal information
- Receive equal service and price, even if they exercise their privacy rights
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the State of California Department of Justice on individual rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act. The above is not an exhaustive list of your rights but some of the key rights that may be of interest to you. If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information that we hold related to you:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: 3/20/2020